Sales managers, consultants and trainers were asked to list the worst mistakes new salespeople make. Here are the top 15 responses:
- Talking too much and not listening enough.
- Failure to ask good questions or phrasing them improperly.
- Trying to sell products or services while customers look for solutions.
- Confusing prospects and customers with too much information.
- Poor after-sales service.
- Failure to try to regain lost business.
- Reluctance to sell against established relationships.
- Failure to respond properly to customer complaints.
- Failure to convert first-time buyers into long-term customers.
- Failure to get more business from existing customers.
- Setting goals too high or too low, or improperly trying to attain them.
- Selling features and price rather than value and benefits.
- Exhibiting a poor attitude when calling on prospects and customers.
- Failure to build trust in prospects and customers.
- Not taking full advantage of selling time.
If any of these apply to you, give me a call. We can develop a plan to get you back on track and provide you with sales tools to make you successful.